A refreshing salad that underscores the sweetness of summer watermelon with salty cubes of feta is perfect for when the heat hits hard. Cucumber adds crunch and basil is fragrant and delicious, although mint would work very well here too. We lingered over this salad with drinks and good friends while the kids chased each other around on a bright summer evening. It almost made me feel like summer could last forever...
- 2 medium or 3 small cucumbers
- handful of basil
- 1/2 of a small watermelon
- 200 g feta cheese
- apple cider vinegar
- olive oil
- salt to taste
1) Chop cucumbers and watermelon into small cubes.
2) Prep basil by washing gently and pulling leaves off the stem. This is a great task for young kitchen helpers like our friend, Laila.
3) Mix cucumber, watermelon and basil together with a sprinkle of salt. Drizzle with apple cider vinegar and olive oil and stir.
4) Chop feta into small cubes and add to salad. Mix gently and serve.